These guidelines are to help the perception judges have as stewards of the magic community where we interact with non-adults, for the well-being of all involved.
- Have the parent or guardian present and informed of the situation before engaging a minor whenever possible.
- Always have another adult with you when delivering an infraction or conducting an investigation. If that is not possible, make sure you have another adult witness able to see you and hear you.
- Stay on the event floor to deliver the infraction or assess the situation.
- Unless you have the parent or guardian with you, do not go to another location to continue your discussion.
- If the parent or guardian is upset or angry, direct them to the tournament organizer or the on-site event manager to help mediate the issue.
- Generally a minor is anyone under the age of 18, although it can be older in certain jurisdictions.