Welcome back to Bearz Repeating. I’d like to apologize for the brief lapse in content! The posts I’ve been working on have been complex, and I want to make sure I take the time to get them right.
That said, I’ve been failing at my goal and promise of providing some content every week. In an effort to make up for that, I decided to finish up a post that I’ve been thinking about for a while, and whose time in the sun has finally come.
Like many of you, I believe strongly in the power of words. To that end, I read frequently (although not as much as I would like!). I’m especially fortunate to have a wide network of friends who share awesome articles on social media. I often find myself wanting to talk more about these articles — but there’s only so much time in the day. Even so, I think there’s value in sharing some of the posts that have resonated with me most strongly, and that’s the focus of today’s Bearz Repeating.
So without further ado, here are some of the articles I’ve enjoyed recently! They span the gamut from ideas about management to thoughts on your mindset, from ruminations on Standard to reflections on the Judge Program as a whole. I hope you get as much (or more) from them as I have.
- Ask Me Anything with Aaron Hamer, Interim Judge Manager — An “Ask Me Anything” (or AMA) is basically an interview where anyone can ask questions! Find out what’s on Aaron’s mind.
- Average Manager vs. Great Manager — 10 adorable, informative sketches.
- Fixed Mindset vs. Growth Mindset— How do you respond to criticism and challenges?
- Levels of Delegation (via Lems) — Putting this one on the list is pretty meta, as this article itself is talking about Lems not having time to really write about another great article he read…
- Ask a Judge (with Megan Linscott!) — You’ve got rules questions. We’ve got answers. Also, poutine. (Note: Does not actually contain photos of poutine.)
- The Most Expensive Standard Since Caw Blade — Even if you don’t play Magic, I think it’s important to understand what players are thinking about, and finance is a topic that’s often on their minds.
- Uncharted Realms: Shaping an Army — What’s not to love about Noyan Dar? This story is pure fun.