Players are responsible for:
- Behaving in a respectful manner toward tournament officials, other tournament participants, and spectators and refraining from unsporting conduct at all times
- Complying with announced start times and time limits
- Calling attention to any rules or policy infraction they notice in their matches
- Bringing to a judge’s attention any discrepancies in their tournament match record
- Having a single Wizards Account in good standing that is theirs and not shared by anyone else
- Joining the communication channel required by the Tournament Organizer
- Refraining from enrolling in tournaments in which they are not allowed by policy to participate
- Being familiar with the rules contained within this document
- Being present/online and actively responsive for the tournament
The following is required in order for a Player to participate:
- A stable internet connection
- An up to date Magic: The Gathering Arena Game Client and a device that will properly run the program at the recommended hardware specifications for that device. (See https://magic.wizards.com/en/mtgarena/faq for hardware specifications)
Players who choose to participate in a tournament using a device that is below the recommended hardware specifications assume all responsibility for gameplay or connection issues they experience, and neither the tournament organizer nor Wizards of the Coast are responsible for any issues those players experience for any reason.
Players may be required to use equipment provided by a Tournament Organizer. If this is the case, the responsibility for equipment provided by the Organizer is now theirs, and no longer the Player’s responsibility. If an Organizer does not explicitly say they are providing equipment or Internet, Players should assume they need to provide their own.
Players who do not fulfill their responsibilities may be subject to penalties and review. Wizards of the Coast reserves the right to suspend or revoke a player’s account without prior notice for any reason they deem necessary.