The following steps must be performed in a timely manner before each game begins:
- Find the MTG Arena Direct Challenge ID of your opponent.
- Open the MTG Arena Game Client and bring up a Direct Challenge.
- Enter your Opponent’s MTG Arena ID. (Note: MTG ARENA IDs are Case Sensitive)
- Make sure the settings are correct for the Tournament Stage you are playing in (Either Tournament Match or Challenge Match)
- Select the deck that you registered for the tournament.
- Send the challenge
Once both players have challenged, the MTG Arena Game Client will take over and manage the rest of the process and prompt players through pre-game procedures.