Penalty – Warning
A player takes action that is disruptive to the tournament or its participants. It may affect the comfort level of those around the individual, but determining whether this is the case is not required.
This will usually include conduct that is not directed at one or more individuals and is instead performed in a public space or forum that is part of or related to the event at hand. It may also include active and direct instances of rudeness to particular individuals that does not rise to the levels of Unsporting Conduct – Moderate or Major.
- A player uses vulgar and profane language in an event-wide chat channel.
- A player inappropriately demands to a judge that their opponent receive a penalty.
- A player appeals to the Head Judge before a judge finishes issuing them a ruling.
- A player fails to follow the request of a tournament official to leave the play area at a LAN event.
- A player is rude to their opponent via in-game chat or direct message.
All participants should expect a safe and enjoyable environment at a tournament, and a player needs to be made aware if their behavior is unacceptable so that this environment may be maintained.
The player must correct the problem immediately. Subsequent Unsporting Conduct — Minor infractions, even for different offenses, will result in a Game Loss. If a Game Loss is issued for repeated infractions, and it occurs at the end of a game, it is acceptable for the judge to apply the penalty to the next game instead.